The Merrymount section was originally called Mount Wollaston. This area was settled in 1625 by Thomas Morton and Captain Wollaston who left the Plymouth Colony with a group of Colonists. A year later Captain Wollaston and most of the colonists left, but Thomas Morton remained and renamed the area Mare Mount. It is believed that Merrymount came from Mare Mount.
Merrymount is a sea side community and is located next to the Wollaston section. It is a great neighborhood for those of all ages. The residents have a Homeowners Association that residents can voluntarily join. They have a private beach for Merrymount residents, as well as, their own neighborhood Fourth of July Celebration, and different community activities throughout the year.
Merrymount is also right around the corner from Wollaston Beach. The views from Merrymount are of Long Island and the Boston Skyline.
Check Out This Site For More History on Merrymount
John Adams & John Quincy Adams Monument at Blacks Creek in Merrymount
The Mount Wollaston Cemetery is located in Merrymount and is the largest cemetery in the City of Quincy. Many of the monuments were made in Quincy from Quincy Granite.